ようこそ! ログイン 新規登録

Don't eat at Yummy gormmet!!!

ユーザ Tokyo 
Tokyo
Don't eat at Yummy gormmet!!! new
2012年 08月07日 22:06:14
Please be careful!!! The chef are very mean and ready to fight if you want to complain about the food. My family went out to eat at Yummy Gourmet in Prospect Hts tonight for the first time, and had a very horrible experience. We ordered Sushi buffett, and my kids had a egg rolls, but they didn't finished. so I tried to bite off of thier egg rolles. It was spoiled!! it smelled sour too. I must looked bad when I had to spit the bite out of my mouth since I didn't want to swallowed it. I happened to see the chef looking at me doing it because i was sitting on the table facing on to the sushi counter. He lookes at me like he was going to say somethin to me with anger, then he turned back to the other chef talking to him while he was looking at me with mean eyes through his shoulder. He gave me his both arms up saying " what is your problem???". I had to get up my seat and explain the food was rotten!!!!!!!!! YES, HE DID RAISE HIS BOTH ARMS TO ME, AND SAID WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?
The waiter was rude telling my husband that all the left over need to be charged instead of appologizing the rotten egg rolls and rude attitude on the chef......
Even suggesting to not sit the same table if if we ever come back?!?!?!? I replied that thank you for the suggestion, but don't you ever suggest me if Im not asking for it! We are not coming back anyway!!!
Forgot to mention to him that my kids ordered Tamago(eggs) but was't enough counts that they ordered so I asked the waiter we didn't get enough order, then he told me that the eggs were out....???? OK... why didn't you tell us right away before my kids are going to fight each other for the eggs?????? I even told my kids to wait patiently, the chef are working very hard to prepere for you guys?!?!?! NOT!!!!
Instead, I got the F*&k Y*# attidude from him. They never feel sorry. The waiter said they have reguler customers that loves their food. Good For Them!!! There was no room for appology. I thought I was a customer who DID PAY all the reftover food plus tips and tax.

I am not let the mean chef poisen my kids from rotten food.

I swear to god that I will never eat sushi from stranger, I mean unknown restaurant. Angry chef makes angry food, lead to angry customers who ate the angry food.

It may be ok in @#$%& town to be very selfish service, but not NW Chicago suburbs!!!
I asked their name so that i can google but they didn't want to give me.... maybe ilegal imigrants????

Please give me feed back to see if anyone had the same experience from the restaurant.
Thank you for your time.
kan
Re: Don't eat at Yummy gormmet!!! new
2012年 08月07日 23:10:18
This is what I'm talking about....Yummy Gormmet is run by Chinese owner and Sushi is Japanese food, I see so many Korean,Chinese or Thai people serving Sushi but do you think it will be good as made by Japanse people? answer is NO.
I understand it depend on what the customer is looking for but for me I would not go to Chinese restaurant run by Koreans or even Japanese....
Stay away from Sushi bar with no trained sushi chefs.... Fact!!! This is America protect your selves.
Anonymous
2012年 08月08日 07:31:14
I've never been to "Yummy Gourmet", but as a Japanese, I have one simple suggestion for you.
If you want a good sushi, DO NOT go to the buffet.
Please choose a Japanese restaurant who doesn't offer egg roll, kimchi or such.
Good luck finding different Japanese restaurant!
Yuzu
2012年 08月08日 13:56:22
What a terrible way to serve customers ! I don't think they know how to run their business... It was a pretty good chinese restaurant when we went many times with our children about 10 years ago, but everytime we went there they had different owners and we did not like their food anymore. I am sorry you had a bad experience there. I just don't know why many people can't tell where Sushi came from. I see so many Korean, Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese restaurants serving Sushi and make me wonder if they know how to cook Japanese rice different from their rice they usually eat back in their countries. I don't know if they know how to handle raw fish and other ingredients to make sushi. I don't think they know what the real Sushi taste like and how to eat them. Korean style Maki Sushi is not Japanese at all. They have created their own American version of Maki Sushi. I understand many people here in America can't differentiate Japan and Japanese people from other countries and people in Asia., but when it comes to Sushi, you need to watch out where and how you eat your Sushi.... I am sure all Japanese agree with me. By the way, korean reastaurants serve pretty good Chinese food cooked by Chinese chiefs. Yammy Gommett used to attract many high school kids across the street for their cheap lunch. If you wnt to eat real delicious chinese food, you should go to Northern Silver Chinese Restaurant on Broadway, a little north of Laurence Ave., in Chicago... This is the best place !!
うちも!!
2012年 08月11日 22:54:26
皆さん、英語で書かれていますが、私は日本語で書かせて頂きます。

このレストランには何度も行っていますが、最近は行くのを止めました。
理由は同じです。

以前にサーモンが腐っていて、ぷ〜んと臭っていた事が2度もあったからです。
最初の時は、たまたまサーモンの鮮度が悪かったのかもしれないと思って我慢しましたが(勿論食べてはいません)、
2度目に行った時にまた同じような事がおこってしまい、流石にショックを受けました。

おまけにお料理の中に髪の毛が入っていた事が2度もありました。
オーナーに文句を言ったのですが、「Sorry〜!!」と、笑ってごまかされてしまい、
あっけにとられた事があります。
やっぱり中国人なんだな〜と、改めて日本人とは全く違う接客態度に腹がたった事があります。

なので、私もあまりお薦めしません。
これは正直な感想です。
yelp
2012年 08月12日 15:25:09
こういう事は、Yelp.comに書き込んだ方がよろしいのでは無いでしょうか?
Tokyo
2012年 08月13日 23:59:17
kan さんは書きました:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is what I'm talking about....Yummy Gormmet is
> run by Chinese owner and Sushi is Japanese food, I
> see so many Korean,Chinese or Thai people serving
> Sushi but do you think it will be good as made by
> Japanse people? answer is NO.
> I understand it depend on what the customer is
> looking for but for me I would not go to Chinese
> restaurant run by Koreans or even Japanese....
> Stay away from Sushi bar with no trained sushi
> chefs.... Fact!!! This is America protect your
> selves.

Dear Kan,

Thank you very much for your preciouse time replying my anger management....
I really appreciate you and others feed back. I now know its not just me, but I am the one had to realized time is money. I was caught in a oment that I felt I had to feed my kids quick since we all were tired coming from airport picking my other son up from tokyo....

I will stay away from sushi bar!!!

Sincere thanks,
Tokyo
2012年 08月14日 00:06:22
Anonymous さんは書きました:
> I've never been to "Yummy Gourmet", but as a
> Japanese, I have one simple suggestion for you.
> If you want a good sushi, DO NOT go to the buffet.
>
> Please choose a Japanese restaurant who doesn't
> offer egg roll, kimchi or such.
> Good luck finding different Japanese restaurant!

Dear Anonymous

LOL!!!

Thank you very much for your time!!!
I am very sorry that not replying soon...
I also feel bad to share my negative feeling. but I felt lucky that my kids didn't ended up in a emergency room for food poisning???
Yes. I will try to go home to feed kids first, then explore my adventure of good food....
I should not rush to make a decision to feed very hungry kids...

Thank you, agian your sincere help.
Tokyo
2012年 08月14日 00:34:57
Yuzu さんは書きました:
> What a terrible way to serve customers ! I don't
> think they know how to run their business... It
> was a pretty good chinese restaurant when we went
> many times with our children about 10 years ago,
> but everytime we went there they had different
> owners and we did not like their food anymore. I
> am sorry you had a bad experience there. I just
> don't know why many people can't tell where Sushi
> came from. I see so many Korean, Chinese, Thai and
> Vietnamese restaurants serving Sushi and make me
> wonder if they know how to cook Japanese rice
> different from their rice they usually eat back in
> their countries. I don't know if they know how to
> handle raw fish and other ingredients to make
> sushi. I don't think they know what the real Sushi
> taste like and how to eat them. Korean style Maki
> Sushi is not Japanese at all. They have created
> their own American version of Maki Sushi. I
> understand many people here in America can't
> differentiate Japan and Japanese people from other
> countries and people in Asia., but when it comes
> to Sushi, you need to watch out where and how you
> eat your Sushi.... I am sure all Japanese agree
> with me. By the way, korean reastaurants serve
> pretty good Chinese food cooked by Chinese chiefs.
> Yammy Gommett used to attract many high school
> kids across the street for their cheap lunch. If
> you wnt to eat real delicious chinese food, you
> should go to Northern Silver Chinese Restaurant on
> Broadway, a little north of Laurence Ave., in
> Chicago... This is the best place !!

Yuzu san~~~~~!!!

Thank you very very much for your very sincere comment!!!!!!
I do apologize for being so emortional about the freaking restaurant, but I felt like I had to do something like mama bear when I saw the chef disrespecting my reaction towards to their service. Like I replied to Mr. Kan and Anoynmuse?? (sorry wrong splell) I am very lucky that things didn't go wrong like food poisen or emergency room situation.
I do agree with you 100%! some people I know from work or kids school, they misunderstanding real Japanese food. My son ,who is going to be a freshman in HS, just came back from Tokyo, told me how people in Japan take cooking seriouse. I almost forgot what is Japanse food is... it is not just food,( of course its very delisiouse) but servise and presentation, and communication!! I miss about almost annoying sushi chef who like to keep in touch with his customer because he cares about his food....
Ok, i try to keep short. I am going way to far emotional again....

I normally don't post anything, just observer, but I chenged my mind from now... I will try to give feed back to anyone who need some positive feed back because people like you and others gave me to move forward. I just needed a little push to let it go...

Agian,thank you, Kan-san, Ayounmimous???, and Sumutoko.com for giving me a place to dump my garbage and move on... :))))

I will try the Northern Silver restaurant, and let you know if my pickey eater will give thumbs up?!?!

Sincerely,
Tokyo
2012年 08月14日 01:02:46
うちも!! さんは書きました:
> 皆さん、英語で書かれていますが、私は日本語で書かせ
> て頂きます。
>
> このレストランには何度も行っていますが、最近は行く
> のを止めました。
> 理由は同じです。
>
> 以前にサーモンが腐っていて、ぷ〜んと臭っていた事が
> 2度もあったからです。
> 最初の時は、たまたまサーモンの鮮度が悪かったのかも
> しれないと思って我慢しましたが(勿論食べてはいませ
> ん)、
> 2度目に行った時にまた同じような事がおこってしまい
> A流石にショックを受けました。
>
> おまけにお料理の中に髪の毛が入っていた事が2度もあ
> 閧ワした。
> オーナーに文句を言ったのですが、「Sorry〜!!」と
> A笑ってごまかされてしまい、
> あっけにとられた事があります。
> やっぱり中国人なんだな〜と、改めて日本人とは全く違
> う接客態度に腹がたった事があります。
>
> なので、私もあまりお薦めしません。
> これは正直な感想です。

I am very sorry to hear what happened to you!!!
Its not once like me!!!! HAIR?????
OMG!! My HS kid Loves samon, but he didn't have a problem... I am grad!!!!

I still don't understand why chinese or korean have to serve Japanese food.... I am very sorry if I offend anyone since I am far from knowing restraunt business...
I just wanted eat comfort food which was Japanese food... but I am afraid that that place was far from comfort... I should go home and cook with hearing " I'm hungry~~!!!"....
It was supporse to be a treat for everyone! but its turn out to be an entertainment for my kids to watch my fight!!! Or embarresment for my husband who just try to be a present moment....

I now know why Japanese restaurants who run with high expetation of what they serve don't have problems, I guess at least not in customers eyes. Or I should say any restaurants. I understand now that what you pay is what you get....:(((( I am 100% agree with you!!! and Thank you very much for spending time reading my negative thought, and gave me a positive feed back!!!

I am very sorry to not reply everyones feed back sooner. I am having a problem with AT& T.switching to xfinity/Comcast....

I hope they are friendly now and check their food spec...???? For Hersey HS kids ... ( my kids will go Jimmy Johns instead...)

Have a great week!!!
Tokyo
2012年 08月14日 01:11:05
yelp さんは書きました:
> こういう事は、Yelp.comに書き込んだ方がよろしいので
> は無いでしょうか?

I agreed 100%!! I should!!
I am sooooo exausted that night with anger and try not to be so mean beacause I was so emotional.

Now i feel I should help somebody who can't decie where to eat in prospect heights area.
Thank you for your time and comment. It meant a lot to me. I now know how preciouse your time is.( it is sooo ego driven!!! I hate it, but I needed it !!! )

Love Love Love!!!!

Best regards,
Osaka
2013年 09月17日 15:30:17
Hi Tokyo,

Sorry, knowing this is an old thread and sorry I dig up the dirt again.
So did you put bad review on this restaurant @ YELP.COM - you should?

Maybe you could also email the HEALTH DEPARTMENT of the city to file a complaint.
And if the restaurant really served sick food, that'd be the one start crying.

Regards,
I feel sorry but
2013年 10月21日 07:21:16
Things happen if you go to those fake Japanese restaurants operated by a non-Japanese.
You get what you pay for.
ユーザ:

Email: (投稿する際にメールアドレスの記入は必須ではありません)

• ここにメールアドレスを記入するとメールアドレスが一般公開されますのでご注意ください。
  • メールアドレスを公開せずにメールを受け取る為にはログインする必要があります。フォーラム内メッセージを使ってメールを受け取る事ができるようになります。
  • ログイン後でも、個人設定でメールアドレスを『公開』に変更すればメールアドレスを一般公開して読者がログインしていなくてもあなたのメールアドレスを知る事ができます。

題名:

添付:
  • 添付できるファイルタイプは %type% です。
  • 4 MB より大きなファイルは添付できません
  • ファイル容量の合計が 4 MB を超えることはできません
  • 添付できるファイルの数:3

スパム防止:
スパム防止の為に、簡単な計算にお答えください。
質問: 5 足す18は?
メッセージ:

住むトコ.COM編集部は、この掲示板で活発なディスカッションが行われる事を希望しています。
匿名投稿だからこそ可能なトピックもあるでしょうから、私達は可能な限り過度な検閲はしません。